A lot of individuals just attend classical music concerts without realizing the truly valuable role that’s played by the classic organ and organist to put the amazing performance they just heard together. So, what can you actually do to promote the classical organ? In defining the word ‘promote’, we must include phrases like to encourage or support something, to advance somebody or something, to advertise something, and to raise somebody or something to a higher rank. What can a person actually do in a world in which the amazing ‘king of instruments’ is no more well known like it was in its glory days of many centuries ago, to actually promote the classical organ?
Well, in this 21st century, a lot can be done to promote it. It demands people being prepared to promote it in creative and innovative ways. It demands individuals that aren’t afraid to tell the world about the amazing organ. It will require dedication by people to bring the amazing ‘king of instruments’, the classic organ, to the fore one more time. So, what can actually be done?
As a person, you can actually promote the organ with your personal support by;
- Joining a guild of organists.
- Subscribing to diapason.
- Subscribing to musicians’ newsletters.
- Listening to expert organists on national public broadcasting stations.
- Taking organ lessons.
- Attending an organ classic concert in Los Angeles.
As a person, you can use your encouragement to promote the organ by;
- Taking time to tell or show your church organist that you actually enjoyed his/her organ music.
- Writing a personal appreciation note to any organist you heard performing at any concert you attend.
- Thanking any artist for any inspirational CD he/she must have created.
- Sharing your personal enthusiasm for any organ CD, DVD, or any organ music piece with your family, friends, and colleagues.
As a person, you could promote the classic organ via advertisement by;
- Promoting forthcoming organ events on your social media pages.
- Listing organ events in your church bulletin.
- Sending public service announcements concerning any critical organ event to public broadcasting TV and radio stations.
- Sending out tweets about any favorite organ CD or DVD.
- Posting forthcoming organ event flyers in recreation centers, libraries, as well as coffee shops.
As a person, you can effectively advance the classic organ by;
- Providing financial help to any group that’s supporting an organ event.
- Becoming a patron of the organ arts.
As a person, you can raise the organist’s status to a higher rank by;
- Giving your church organist the gift of a music workshop.
- Offering organ lessons to even just one student.
- Working on a church organist’s behalf to ensure he/she is being fairly compensated.
Yes, every person can actually make a huge difference in promoting the classical organ that you hear being played at classical music concerts. The amazing ‘king of instruments’ should be well known to the entire world and not be kept as some kind of secret hidden treasure that’s known by organists only.